a bit of sunshine for your day

lately a lot of my posts have had a theme of "my life sucks, I'm tired of this life, but let me tell you how it can be turned around to be positive" and to be totally honest, it has GOT TO CHANGE. So here's this post, all about the happy in my life.

I love summer. I love the feel of grass under my feet after taking off my shoes. I love going on drives and rolling the windows down and blasting the weird music I find on my Discover playlist. I love sleeping in and waking up to the sun coming through my window. I love not having school and having my only worry be what shorts I'm wearing that day. I love traveling and I got to travel A LOT this summer. 

I love DYW. You guys, that program is incredible. Words do not describe what I learned and how I grew as a person. I would not be the person I am today without Distinguished Young Women. As I was able to help more with the program this year and grow close to the girls in the grade younger than me, I was able to learn what this program really does for people. 

I love people. I always say I hate people, but the actual fact is that I LOVE people. I love stories and making people laugh and learning new things about new people. I have always loved people and making new friends. The thing I used to be the most afraid of has become one of my best qualities.

I am grateful for my trials. And lately I've had a few. But I have also had a LOT of really great experiences. Things that I couldn't have dreamed of. Things like friend groups leaving, but somehow stayed friends with. Things like subtweets that get me in trouble and being a little too savage to people make me laugh and I really don't care.

I love not getting ready in the morning. My life this week has consisted of waking up 20 minutes before I need to leave and still getting out the door on time. I really like this senioritis thing but apparently my grades do not. Its fine, I'm hoping my grades bounce back like the Patriots in the 4th quarter amen.

I love life. I really do. Its something that you cannot take for granted, and its definitely something I love learning from. My life is bringing the coolest and more incredible experiences I could have ever asked for. And while it can suck sometimes, its also sooooo rewarding. Things come full circle. And while there still some things I'm waiting to happen like graduation and moving on with my life, I'm enjoying every single moment. And that's the happy for the day.

Much Love,
Sara Jean


Comments

Popular Posts